We offer canoe instructor training through the American Canoe Association: Level 1 Introduction to Canoeing Instructor Certification Workshop (ICW, ICE). Participants can choose to include a one day Introduction to Canoeing to help review paddle strokes before the intensive Instructor Workshop. This is strongly encouraged by the instructor.
Please note that all courses are physically demanding and occur in a fresh water lake. The temperatures in June can be extremely cold. We strongly recommend that you bring a wetsuit. Lifeguard Certification is highly recommended for anyone teaching children on the water. Refer to American Camp Association Accreditation Standards for appropriate water sport training requirements.
Instructor: Bob Myron; American Canoe Association Instructor Trainer
American Canoe Association: Level 1 Canoe Instructor with Introduction to Canoeing
- To learn or review basic canoe strokes before moving into the instructor level course (includes Intro to Canoeing Skills Course on day 1.) This is strongly recommended for all students and especially for those with minimal paddling experience.
- To certify an individual to teach the American Canoe Association Level 1 Introduction to Canoeing curriculum
- To gain knowledge of canoe safety
- To strengthen teaching skills
- To comply with ACA Accreditation Standards
Date Options Intro and Instructor:
- Canoe Instructor w/Intro Course 1: Wednesday June 5th starting at 9am – Saturday June 8th finishing at 5pm
- Canoe Instructor w/Intro Course 2: Tuesday June 11th starting at 9am – Friday June 14th finishing at 5pm
Cost: $465 (Intro and Instructor Course)
Date Options Instructor Course Only:
- Canoe Instructor Course 1: Wednesday June 5th starting at 7pm – Saturday June 8th finishing at 5pm
- Canoe Instructor Course 2: Tuesday June 11th starting at 7pm – Friday June 14th finishing at 5pm
Cost: $425 (Instructor Course Only)
Please note that the Canoe Instructor training is a full time commitment, including evening classes and coursework.
- Minimum Age 18 for American Canoe Association Instructor requirements
- Excellent physical condition and strong swimming skills
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- We recommend you review the following ACA Instructor Criteria for the Level 1 Introduction to Canoeing Instructor
Certifications: American Canoe Association, Level I Introduction to Canoeing Instructor